Supplier name: Bright Bees
Publication date: 1/08/2023
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
Bright Bees Nursery trading as Scope Training is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2050.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
Baseline Year: 2022
Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations.
We have followed the Governements’ Greenhouse gas reporting guidance.
There are 2 main buildings one of which is leased therefore there is limited scope for resource efficiency.
Data has been used for year 2022 and this is the first year emissions have been calculated
Baseline year emissions: 2022
Current Emissions Reporting
Reporting Year: 2022
Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
• Reduce electricity consumption by 10% by upgrading all lighting to energy efficient led replacements.
• Encourage employee to use public transport or carpool to reduce employee communiting emissions by 12%.
• Reduce scope 3 emissions by 7% conducting more online meetings to reduce the travel requirements for employees who work from home.
• Purchasing 50% of our electricity from verified renewable sources by 2030
• Reduce waste, with 80% recycled to reduce landfill
• Reduce our use of single use plastics, increasing the recyclability of products by 100%
• Source 100% of goods/materials from the UK to reduce carbon emissions generated through excessive importing of resources by 2030
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 0 tCO2e by 2050. This is a reduction of 20%.
Carbon Reduction Projects
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2022 baseline. The effectiveness of our carbon reduction initiatives are difficult to quantify because they have only been in place since 2022, and we therefore don’t yet have a significant enough sample size to generate accurate data that demonstrates the success of our measures.
Some further examples of initiatives we may be able to suggest we have completed:
• Introduce a green week to raise awareness amongst staff and learners to promote sustainability and reduce waste.
• Introduce an online group which facilitates car sharing and encourages public transport usage.
In the future we intend to implement further measures such as:
• Energy suppliers to be switched to renewable suppliers who use wind or solar power.
• Reduce employee travel further by increasing the usage of online platforms such as Microsoft teams and Google meet.
• Invest in rooftop solar panels to generate renewable energy for our building.
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting .
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard .
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors.
Signed on behalf of the Supplier: